Explore Fairbanks this Summer!
Explore Fairbanks extends a special invitation to you to engage in all the incredible activities, attractions and tours available in Alaska’s Golden Heart.
You are invited to take a road trip into Alaska’s Interior to…
- Rent a canoe, kayak or paddleboard for a DIY float on the Chena River, Tanana Lakes or Chena Lake recreation areas
- Explore downtown and indulge in an excellent meal, handcrafted cocktail, beer or specialty coffee
- Stop by a farmers market and purchase locally grown produce and find a made-in-Alaska gift for yourself or someone special
- Choose a “To Go” meal from a homespun eatery or food truck and go for a picnic to one of the many local parks
- Stroll around Pioneer Park, get a bite to eat and shop for locally made treasures
- Embark on a guided expedition above the Arctic Circle
- Enjoy a soak in Chena Hot Springs and enjoy hydroponically grown veggies
- Take a drive to North Pole, “Where the Spirit of Christmas lives year-round,” and do some early holiday shopping
- Be inspired by a visit to one of 20-plus art, culture and history venues, museums and galleries
Check out the PDF list of Explore Fairbanks' partners' current "Open for Business" status and see who is offering Alaska-resident and military discounts.